PTSA: September 2019
Call to Order: 6:01 pm
*Our meeting will be held on the third Tuesday of each month from 6-7 pm.
Treasurer’s Report:July 2019-June 2020
- August balance: $8700.00 approximation
- NO FUSS Fundraiser Balance: $1275.00
This goal has been raised to $7000 which did go up a bit from last years goal.
We are asking that families donate $25, or whatever they are able. The donation is tax deductible and can be made online or at the front office.
Businesses will get their name up on the Reader Board for any donations made over $200, anything below that amount will receive a Facebook shout-out!
- BOX TOPS: New app: no more clipping.
Take a photo of your receipt and upload to the app, or kids can bring receipts to school and PTSA will scan and upload the photo.
- Concessions: Earnings $950
- Harlem Globe Trotters: A fun community event that incorporates teacher participation.
Location: Mountain View Gym.
Timeframe: end of April/1stweek of May.
Profits: % of ticket sales, sales of their gear, and all concessions.
Volunteers: Needed, many!
- Member Dues: $10 cash or check. If paid online there is a $2.50 service fee.
- Present Educators: Hancock, 20 years
- Lockers: 99.5% 6thgrade success rate.
- WEB Leaders: great job!
- Backpacks: Not allowed in classrooms.
- Population: 730 (+ -)
- Communication: One e-mail each Thursday. Newsletter format.
- Facebook: Join the school’s Facebook page!
- Grading: Done on a quarterly basis. Every 9 weeks: printed grades. Feb and June: Report cards. More resets for more success.
- Falcon Time: 1:30-2:00 (M, T, Th, F): orienting kids. Some themes taught are communication, culture, respect, one step app. If students are failing a class, this time will be used as a tutoring session or test make-up. Tuesday at 2pm is when students can register for their next Falcon Time class. Sections are capped and clubs are held at the same time.
- One Step App: reports of bullying , etc./concerns. These reports are then forwarded to Scott O. office, and PD. Has been utilized successfully.
- PTSA Roles and Responsibilities:
- School Socials: held at end of the day.
- RAK Hot Chocolate Giveaway
- Field Day
- Conference Dinners
- Staff Appreciation Week
- Many other duties
- PTSA Website/Facebook : Post summaries of job descriptions.
- PARTY: Celebrating 20 years, Sky View Middle School!
- Hall of Fame
- Community of Caring: ICCL: attended a workshop for very purposeful caring of professionals and children.
- Focus on relationships, approachability, and working side by side through “rounding”, bringing people into the community and through creating a culture of concern and care for EVERYBODY.
- Staff that tend to be left out are buss drivers, Nutrition Services, Custodians, and Education Assistants. How can we include them?
- Next Steps: Invite bus drivers to come into the school for a cup of coffee and pastry with fruit.
- Memorial: Place a permanent bench where Ysidro spent time. Near the basketball courts. Have a dedication there. There will be a formal meeting where ideas will be considered as to how the unveiling and honor will play out.
- Fundraising: Bring your ideas!
- Challenge Day: All day assembly, 2 days. All 8thgrade class.
- Dates: October 17,18
- Time: 7:45 am-4:30 pm.
- Objective: Looking at one another differently: If you really knew me…..
- Focus on how we are all different and that is okay! Move through labels and identity. This is a highly accelerated Social and Emotional Learning session. Very transformational. A lot of apologizing happens and reconciliation.
- Volunteers are needed, 4 adults:1 child. Would love more male volunteers.
- Contact: Dawn Roberts, Coordinator
(Get clearance by visiting BLPS website)
Concessions: each Friday after school, 3:30 pm- 4:00 pm.
Community of Caring